Sunday 16 November 2014

JIM IYKE –I HAVE 125 PAIRS OF SUNGLASSES AND 200 PAIRS OF SHOES AND SNEAKERS. I HIRE FACTORIES THAT MAKE GOODS FOR GUCCI TO GIVE ME WHAT I DESIRE

38-year-old Nollywood actor and entrepreneur, Jim Iyke, is no doubt a style icon and according to him, style is simply looking good.
A sunglass freak and footwear collector, he told Punch that he pays attention to his appearance but he is not crazy about brand labels. Jim also talked about his bad boy image and his relationship with Nadia Buari.
“Whether it is trending or not, it is important I go with the trend. I have a stylist. You always have to be on-point because someone is watching you. I like pulling the formal look,” he says. I am not brand crazy. The designer labels cost a lot of money but there is a healthy competition; which is why I find the fashion market very interesting. I have been to factories that make goods for Gucci. These are people working on a smaller scale and these are the ones I hire to make my clothes and they give me what I want.

However, I always buy what I know I would look good in. I have about 125 pairs of sunglasses. I think I own about 200 pairs of shoes and sneakers and it is not something to brag about. I like shoes and I collect them. I get shoes that are much branded and are limited edition. For, me it is not just about making a fashion statement anymore, it is art,” he explains.



On his controversial image, bad press and a victim of a public-relations-machinery-gone-wrong, he says,
“Nollywood is an industry that is synonymous with exaggerations and pen-chants. The advent of   bloggers and social media neo-practitioners, all vying to make hits and a name for themselves, irrespective of at whose expense and consequence, is another factor. I have trust issues and still do, but I have learnt to master the fallout of that precarious creation. I’m yet to see the relevance it serves me till this day. I have learnt to see connections in coincidences and not to take even the most trivial of occurrences for granted. I’ve come to embrace God’s will in my life strongly, warmly with no doubt.”

On being immune to criticisms, and how he managed to pull through his struggles with cyber-bullies. He says,
“My fear lied in the fact that people take these blogs seriously or interpret a red-blooded argument with another stranger that led to laughs, rather seriously. They (bloggers) painted a picture of that person to such a frequency and vividness I almost began to believe I was that person.
I am comfortable with the fact that I needn’t worry about these people anymore and their myopic views to serve their selfish purposes. I gave too much power away. I call them mental bullies. My trust circle is everything to me. It’s the platform that forms my essence and the smaller they are the better. It’s everything to me. It awakes desires and fulfillment in me that is unparalleled.”

On his relationship with Ghanaian actress, Nadia Buari, which fans may find difficult to comprehend, he says,
“She (Nadia) is a solid, down-to-earth woman. I’m a man that translates variables in ways many people find incomprehensible. We have embraced who we are and learnt to create our own world and expectations. We have ups and downs like every other couple. We have our strength and weakness as well. At the end of the day, rumours of break ups and make-ups ought to abound. It really doesn’t matter.
A relationship is a continuous work. Those that give up were perhaps not committed enough. Those that go in for the long haul suck up and square up to the variables life throws at them. The people that judge harshly are obviously the ones that live far from their desired lives. We just live the best way we know how and leave the rest to the author and finisher of all things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE COMMENT, WE DO LOVE YOUR COMMENTS, IT MAKES US KNOW HOW TO SERVE YOU BETTER!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Networkedblogs

Live Traffic Feed